When planning your move, selecting a moving service is an important consideration. There are several factors to consider; summer is the busiest time of the year for moving, and the beginning and end of each month are traditionally busier than mid-month, regardless of the season. If you are planning to move during one of those times, plan well in advance so the schedule of your moving services (professional movers, truck rentals and moving storage) will fit into yours.
Can’t decide between doing it yourself and utilizing some hired guns? Here are some tips:
- Reputable, professional movers are the way to go. It will cost you more than doing it yourself, but look for movers that have partnerships with storage companies since they may offer discounts for these services.
- If you’re currently in a pretty small living space, such as a studio apartment, you’re much less likely to need professional movers. Instead, truck rental and moving storage may be the only services you need to get the job done.
- Many heavy pieces of furniture should point you toward using a moving company or moving labor.
- If you’ve lived in your current location for more than three years, you’re more likely to have accumulated more boxes and might require movers and moving storage.
Whether you need a truck to move your items, are looking for an affordable, trusted moving service, or just want to save money by making sure you’re getting the best available rate, we’ve got you covered in CubeSmart®’s Storage Deals. Our deals vary by location, so look for the deals listed in our convenient Locations and Rates Finder. Also check out The Department of Moveology for more on Selecting Moving Services and tips to help make the decision easier.
Latest posts by The Storage Queens (see all)
- Car Storage Options for Your Classic Car - December 18, 2018
- Unbroken: How to Protect Electronics & Fragile Items During a Move - December 18, 2018
- 8 Moving Tips for a Smooth Move - December 17, 2018