Warm weather and longer days make it easier to do the things you love outdoors. The creators of these super creative outdoor projects saw value in discarded, ultra-cheap items and sweat equity. The resulting products are unique container gardens, garden art, sustainable tools and more. Here are 11 outdoor upcycle ideas that will ensure you hang out in your yard and have some fun doing it.
- Listen to the sweet sounds of vintage baking tools with an upcycled wind chime made from a sifter and measuring spoons.
Via Thrifty Rebel
- Do you fondue? If you don't and that once popular wedding gift is just collecting dust, make yourself a cheesy bird feeder to hang from a tree in your yard.
Via At the Picket Fence
- Bring the indoors outside by planting flowers and herbs in an old brightly colored dresser.
- The holes in a colander make for great drainage for a hanging planter. Whether you have a vintage one hanging around or use a modern one with a splash of color, this idea won't drain your wallet.
Via Sadie Deason Goods
- Upcycle your kid's old Radio Flyer wagon into a herb garden that can be rolled from a sun-steeped corner to your backyard door when you are feeling culinary inspiration.
Via This Old House
- A backyard to dream about just might include an upcycled flower bed.
- Transform a bicycle into a pedal-powered mowercycle with an old lawn mower.
- Cart yard tools around in a rolling golf caddy that is no longer needed for hitting the links.
Via Savvy Housekeeping
- Add some can-tastic color to your back patio with upcycled can planters.
Via Ciera Design
- Set the mood for an evening cookout with upcycled wine bottle tiki torches.
- Do you never tire of tea parties. This project may be perfect for you. Upcycle tires into Mad Hatter style garden art.
What sort of fantastic outdoor upcycle ideas do you have in your patio, garden or backyard?