Planning to celebrate a special event this spring with a bottle of wine or do you have a case-full empty wine bottles from your National Moscato Day celebration last week? Whatever the reason, you'll find yourself with an empty bottle or two when your celebration has ended. Instead of tossing the empty bottle in the recycling bin, upcycle it to create one of these ingenious DIY projects to beautify your home indoors and out like these ideas from our previous post, 8 Innovative Ideas for Upcycling Wine Bottles. Let us know which idea is your favorite in the comments section below.
If you're looking for a smart place to store your empty wine bottle collection, locate a CubeSmart Center near you. Then, you'll be able to store – and work on – your DIY projects without losing any storage space in your home.
- Drink up with help from Makezine. In a few simple steps, you can transform your old wine bottle into a tumbler that's perfect for imbibing your favorite beverages. Once you're done, use the top portion to create self-watering planters for your home.
Image via Justina Blakeney
Image via Little Projectiles
- Using the same cutting technique featured above, cut the bottom off old wine bottles to create a hanging wine bottle chandelier like Young House Love
Image via Young House Love
- Jerry Knot shares another bright way to reuse empty wine bottles. He transformed them into an enchanting set of lanterns that brighten up the home. Decorate using glass or acrylic paint to complement your home's décor.
Image via Inhabitat
- Looking for an innovative way to store your things? Build a shelving unit like no other using upcycled wine bottles.
Image via Colormute
- Channel your inner Van Gogh by recreating your favorite painting on a wine bottle. If you don't feel particularly creative, spray the bottle with chalkboard paint so you can create a wine bottle masterpiece that easy to erase later.
Image via Crafty Nest
- To update your yard or garden, upcycled wine bottles are a dazzling way to brighten up walkways or to section off your garden. Econesting shares 9 more creative ways to reuse wine bottles in your garden.
Image via Swirl Smell Slurp
Image via Econesting
- If your thumb isn't so green, use the excess bottles to create a wine bottle tree. If nothing else, it's great place to store empty wine bottles apart from your CubeSmart cube.
Image via Creating Really Awesome Free Things
Don’t forget to take care of the wine before you drink it to make all these projects. To keep from offending your palate, be sure to keep it stored properly. Wine needs specific conditions to age perfectly. Check out the wine storage options at these select CubeSmart locations:
2414 South Gilbert Road
Chandler, AZ 85286
9801 West 55th Street
Countryside, IL 60525
1016 Battleground Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27408
4435 Jessup Grove Road
Greensboro, NC 27410
2711 Cedar Springs Road
Dallas, TX 75201
7825 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024
15616 Stewart Road
Lakeway, TX 78734
765 Sawdust Road
Spring, TX 77380
1450 Highway 6
Sugarland, TX 77478
Latest posts by CubeSmart (see all)
- 7 Ways to Thank Friends for Moving Help - July 19, 2018
- 8 Organization Tips for Your Desk - January 4, 2015
- Inspiration for Cleaning and Organizing the Refrigerator - November 14, 2014