With Mother's Day right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about giving your mom a gift as a reminder of how much she means to you. Instead of a "free hugs" coupon book, try one of these DIY's.
1. Bring your mother her favorite breakfast in bed. It gives her the opportunity to start relaxing and enjoy her special day. (Don't forget to clean the kitchen when you're done!)
2. Make your mom a "cake" out of her favorite food(s) by stacking several of them. This idea works great with just about anything you can think of, and specializing it to her tastes reminds her how special she is to you.
3. Trade in the traditional bouquet of flowers to give her a cupcake bouquet instead. It smells just as sweet, and tastes as good as it smells.
4. Keep it simple with a refreshing sugar scrub. Chances are, you already have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your kitchen cupboards.
5. There are tons of ways to customize candles to fit your mom! Change the scent, the color, and even the container that it's in. This is the most time-consuming project on this list, but it's totally worth it.
6. What better way to end her day of pampering with a nice, calming soak in the tub? DIY bath bombs upgrade any bath.
7. Photo albums are great for sitting down and flipping through all your memories together. Spend the day reliving some of them with this thoughtful gift.
8. Instagram magnets are a great way to recognize your mom's digital side. They are perfect for decorating the fridge. Meaningful, nostalgic photos are best for this project.
9. For a unique way to display photos, make this mason jar picture frame. Decorate it with fake flowers for an added touch.
We’d love to know your ideas for DIY Mother’s Day gifts. Share them in the comments section below.