Wishing you could turn that old junker in your garage into a vehicle fit enough to compete in Daytona? Good luck – car restoration and refurbishment can cost tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the state of the vehicle. Instead of shelling out the big bucks to restore a car, why not rev up your creativity instead? You'd be astonished by how many completely useful & out-of-the-ordinary things you can create with old car parts and a little elbow grease. Check out these seven amazing creations for some inspiration. You may not be competing in Sunday's big race, but you'll be lapping your friends & family in creativity. Don't forget to tell us which of these ideas is your favorite in the comments section!
1. Give your car's trunk the boot and trade it in for a unique chest that's a perfect piece for the home.
Image via Ronen Tinman
2. Strap-up with a stylish Seatbelt Handbag.
Image via Seatbeltbags.com
3. Turn the engine block into a wine rack AND a table stand– genius!
Image via Roadkill Customs
4. Rubber tires can make a comfy seat – perfect for watching Sunday's big race from the comfort of your home!
Image via Living Green Magazine
6. Fuel your quest for innovative products by upcycling a fuel tank into a storage spot!
Image via RonenTinman.com
7. If the timing's right, you can even make a watch using materials from old speedometers.
Image via Urwerk
Latest posts by The Storage Queens (see all)
- Travel Packing Guide: Winter Ski Trip - January 16, 2020
- 2019 Toys for Tots: Drop-Off Locations at Select CubeSmart Facilities - November 6, 2019
- Weekly Insider - November 6, 2019