At CubeSmart, we have thousands of customers that use our storage facilities simply to keep their lives organized. Honestly, we think that is one of the best reasons to use self storage. How many times have you wished that you had just a little bit more time or space to put everything in its place? How many times have you found the box containing fragile dishes underneath boxes of books? Or how many times were you looking for your holiday items only to open every other box in your attic?
Well, don’t beat yourself up too much because you’re not alone.
A recent post by professionalorganizer4u mentioned that “Being organized isn’t only about space management and clutter control. It’s about time management, paper management, project management and life management.”
As the post suggests, being organized impacts all aspects of our lives. A self storage unit can provide you much more than simply a place to keep things and alleviate clutter. Certainly, it does that, but if you look at in terms of the bigger picture, it can help in a variety of ways, including reducing the amount of time it takes to find things when you need them. This will make your life easier during the most stressful times of the year. Just think about a summer holiday, without the annual search for the beach chairs.
So, when should you use a self storage facility to get organized? Below are a few suggestions…
- Organizing the garage – For many of us, the garage becomes a catch-all for anything that doesn’t fit in the house. It also houses the seasonal sporting equipment, and seasonal house maintenance tools like shovels, rakes and the snow blower. Rather than trying to squeeze all these items and your car in, consider a self storage unit that will allow you to keep your garage organized.
- Organizing closets – As much as we try, the box with the winter jackets always ends up at the bottom of the closet. When we need them each winter, we go through the inevitable process of removing all the boxes and starting over. The same thing happens to the summer clothes. There just doesn’t seem to be enough space where everything can have its place and be accessed and stored quickly. A storage facility provides that clean slate necessary to truly organize the boxes so that you can eliminate the hunt and get to them when you need them.
- Organizing the basement/attic – Like the garage, basements and attics can also be a catch-all for boxes of clothes, collectibles, family memories, holiday decorations, summer toys and winter gear. When you are thinking about organizing one or both of these areas, consider a self storage unit to store those items that are seasonal or that you don’t need to access as frequently. Rather than removing the items and then putting them back in nicer piles, organize and access them when needed.
Don’t waste time, start getting organized today!
Latest posts by CubeSmart (see all)
- 7 Ways to Thank Friends for Moving Help - July 19, 2018
- 8 Organization Tips for Your Desk - January 4, 2015
- Inspiration for Cleaning and Organizing the Refrigerator - November 14, 2014