Adhesive hooks just may be the best thing ever invented. Apart from being a renter's favorite tool for resolving the battle of whether to decorate or save walls from deposit-reducing damage, they are fantastic for organization. Whether used on their own or in combination with other unconventional items, they can play a key role in organizing problem areas in your home. We have 7 "why didn't I think of that" ideas that will get you hooked on organization.
- These cleverly placed hooks make functional use of dead space. Consider affixing hooks to the inside walls of cabinets to hang kitchen tools such as these mixer blades. The tools are out of the way as well as accessible.
- Car interiors can get out of control when it comes to collecting receipts, gum and snack wrappers, junk mail and parking tickets…uh, we mean parking receipts. Keep these items where they belong – in the trash. By attaching an adhesive hook to a hard surface on the passenger side of the car with a bag hanging off, a convenient trash receptacle is created that is easily disposed of.
Via Mommy Savers
- Eliminate bags of chip crumbs by avoiding smashed bags with adhesive hooks and binder clips for convenient snack storage in your pantry.
Via Beauty and Bedlam
- Squeeze more valuable storage space out of your bathroom with an adhesive hook and a pants hanger that can hold a container such as a makeup bag to keep small items under the sink.
Via Better Homes and Gardens
- Pull your foil and plastic wrap out of the drawer and put them on hooks on the inside of a door. This frees up drawer space and all you have to do is pull and tear for use.
Via Ask Anne Mosely
- Hide those pesky lamp wires by disguising their descent to the floor. Adhesive hooks allow you to guide the direction of the wire so you can light a space while looking organized and clean.
Via Hi Sugar Plum
- So much can be done with this dynamic duo! Pairing a curtain rod with adhesive hooks offer several damage free opportunities to organize a closet from shoe organization to hanging a scarf collection, as in the images below. Other closet organization options include hanging ties or belts and adding S-hooks to hang handbags. Take it in the kitchen to hang cooking utensils with S-hooks as well.