With a little sweat equity and a bit of creativity, shipping pallets can be repurposed into just about anything – and usually they are free. Because of this, pallets are among diyers' favorite materials with which to work. The popularity has provided some great ideas to not only do yourself, but also to draw inspiration from for your own creation like these ideas in our previous post, 8 Marvelous Ways to Repurpose Pallets. They are also marvelous for creating solutions for kitchen storage, bathroom storage, garage storage, garden storage, and closet storage and organization. Here are 8 marvelous ways to upcycle pallets for storage:
- Lack of cabinet space can make storing your pots and pans a challenge. Just add hooks. Not only do you have a place to hang your pots, but you also have a shelf to set pots on that may not be used on a regular basis.
- Add storage compartments to your kitchen by cutting a pallet into smaller sections and adding a bottom. These shelves become handy places to store cooking utensils, serving platters, kitchen towels, seasonings, and much more.
- Organize your closet by building an organization system with repurposed pallets. Shelves allow for space to hold your pants, sweaters, and shirts. Little nooks become handy places to keep shoes, belts, and other accessories.
Via We Hear It
- A little paint makes this coat rack a colorful addition to an entryway. Organize the landing zone for your bags, jackets, hats, and keys when you walk in the door.
Via The Owner Builder Network
- Adding hooks that hang over the individual pallet planks make this repurposed pallet entryway organization system versatile and convenient. This style also saves space by remaining relatively flush with the wall for narrow spaces.
Via Elle Decoration Sweden
- A repurposed pallet helps corral yard tools and odds and ends for simple, no-cost garage organization. A pallet standing on end and secured to the wall provides organized garage storage while using little space.
Via Unexpected Elegance
- Camouflage your dirty laundry with a repurposed pallet laundry hamper. Store your laundry in this until you are ready to do the wash. It is much more attractive than a plastic bin and, set up like in this picture, clothes will already be separated.
- Small bathrooms always have storage challenges, particularly if the bathroom has a pedestal sink with no counter space on top or cabinet space below. Using a section of the pallet and adding dividers to create compartments helps to store and organize everyday items.
Via The Polo House
When you bring pallets into your home it is important that you choose a safe pallet and prep it for the job. These places are generally good sources for quality pallets, if you do not have one at your disposal already:
- Newspaper and delivery distribution centers
- Feed and tack supply stores
- Residential construction sites
- Landscaping companies
What are some ways you have used a pallet to create storage in your home?