Did you know that today is National Puzzle Day? Take a moment or two to relax with a jigsaw, logic, crossword, or word puzzle today. To encourage your family to continue your puzzle play throughout the year, we’ve compiled a list of smart ways to keep your puzzles and games organized. In the comment section below, tell us which of these smart tips you'll be using in your home.
- 1. Here’s a tip from
- for how to use clear and stackable containers to keep puzzles and toys organized.
- Image via
2. Save precious closet space by replacing bulky boxes with pouches or pencil cases. What a smart way to keep track of puzzle pieces! Attach an image of the puzzle to the outside of each pouch to identify the puzzle inside and use it as a handy “cheat sheet.
Image via The Navy Stripe
3. An under-the-bed storage solution like this one from I Heart Organizing makes storing and playing large jigsaw puzzles easy. When you get stumped, simply put the puzzle away for awhile and come back when you’re feeling refreshed — no more lost pieces!
Image via I Heart Organizing
5. Turn a file-holder on its side to store your children's blocks or picture puzzles.
Image via Indulgy
6. Who says puzzle storage can’t help set the tone for your home décor? Use colorful pails or old paint cans to hang and store crossword and Sudoku puzzle books. Now puzzle store can be as satisfying as it is functional.
Image via Better Homes and Gardens
7. Use decorative hangers to showcase your latest successfully completed crossword puzzle.
Image via Interior Junkie