Flowers blossoming, children playing, and families getting together for barbecues are just a few of the wonderful things happening in yards this time of year. But you might have noticed something else happening in yards too. Something that's a little cringe-worthy or maybe even a little creepy: crazy lawn ornaments are coming out of hiding.
Maybe you've spotted a few evil-eyed gnomes on your way to work or noticed a fire-breathing dragon made of concrete while walking your dog. You might think to yourself – "Why?" – but don't bother. Strange lawn ornaments just happen. If your neighbourhood or street is afflicted by these inanimate objects, do not fear. No matter how wacky they are, we'd bet they aren't as crazy as the ones featured in our list. If they are, you might want to subtly suggest a new place for these unique pieces to haunt: a CubeSmart storage unit.
- We wouldn't be surprised if this smirking Humpty Dumpty had another great fall…
Image via Design Toscano
- You'd probably prefer your neighbour to have a dog with a big bark than this piece of bark with a spooky face.
Image via SkyMall
- Imagine working or relaxing in your yard and suddenly you feel like someone – or something – is staring at you…
Image via Kat Dish
- Has the zombie apocalypse arrived?
Image via Garden Community
- Unless you're a Big Foot enthusiast, we'd imagine this statue would startle you every day if you saw it on your neighbor's lawn.
Image via Gardening Clan
- This ornament is just digging for trouble.
Image via Amazon
- This lawn statue gives a whole new meaning to "Green Thumb."
Image via CHJ Books