In celebration of National Kitchen & Bath Month, we're helping you get the most out of your cooking space. Whether your kitchen is the size of closet or as big as a restaurant kitchen, these smart kitchen hacks will keep food, tupperware, and other kitchen equipment organized. And if you like these ideas, don't forget to check out these five bathroom organization hacks from earlier this month!
- Make To-Do Lists and write down recipes with help from chalkboard paint. Idea via Tidbits from the Tremaynes
- Mimic Julia Childs by staying organized using a peg board. Apartment Therapy shows you how.
- Ditch the knife block for a magnetic strip like this one from The Container Store.
- If you don't have enough cabinets, build shelves as an alternative.
Follow Dav.i.son's example by creating a DIY magnetic spice rack for your refrigerator out of baby food jars. You could also make spice racks by attaching magnets to old baskets.
- Hang pots and pans from the ceiling or inside cabinets.
- Use an over-the-sink cutting board like this one from Crate and Barrel to expand your counter space when preparing meals.
- Transform false drawers into functional storage space via this how-to by the DIY Club.
- Upcycle a shoe rack for snack storage inside your pantry.
- Upcycle an old tissue box to create a handy storage space for plastic bags.
- Upcycle an old CD rack to hold Tupperware lids.
- Create a tea-wreath as a decorative way to organize and display all of your favorite teas.
- If you are skilled carpenter or looking to fine-tune your DIY skills, you could build some corner drawers. Instructables shows you how!
Do you have an awesome organizational hack you use in your kitchen? Share it with us in the comments!
Latest posts by CubeSmart (see all)
- 7 Ways to Thank Friends for Moving Help - July 19, 2018
- 8 Organization Tips for Your Desk - January 4, 2015
- Inspiration for Cleaning and Organizing the Refrigerator - November 14, 2014