Let's not toe the issue, Shoeaholics. We may not be able to heel your craving for heels, but we can help you get a step up on that never-ending footwear collection before it consumes your entire closet. Once you get organized with these sole-soothing shoe storage hacks, you may be happy enough to put on your dancing shoes. Or go out and buy another pair of them.
- Create wall art by using crown moldings to make an elegant shoe rack! House To Home shows you how.
Image via House To Home
- Here's a cool way to store your favorite pair of flip-flops and sandals. Mount paint cans on your walls to as a smart way to store your shoes. And in the winter, you can always repurpose these cans to store your gloves, scarves, and hats!
Image via Crafty Nester
- Defy gravity with this clever floating shoe rack. If you know how to install shelves, this task can be as easy as 1, 2, and 3. To create a shoe rack just like Not Martha's, all you'll need are two sets of ½ inch thick boards that are 6 inches and 3 inches wide, large and small L-brackets, and 1.5 inch #6 screws.
Image via Not Martha
- Hung up on what to do with those old wire hangers? Transform them into a storage solution for your shoes to really tidy things up.
Images via The Procrastibaker
- Having trouble keeping your shoes off the floor of your closet? Use a towel bar and S-hooks to give your shoes a leg up!
Image via Curbly
- Repurpose an old pot-lid holder to keep your kicks neat and organized. If you are feeling especially creative, you could even, line up your sneakers in a decorative pattern to create some interesting looking wall art.
Image via Ikea Hackers
- Looking for even more ways to upcycle pallets? Here's another smart idea for you. Use ‘em as a great space saver in your children's playroom to hold their tennis shoes.
Images via Homedit
- From heels to sandals and boots, this smart shelving solution made from PVC pipes can fit any and all of your favorites. You could even organize them by season, style, or occasion.
Image via WonderHowTo
- Knock your coatrack down a peg and turn it into an easy slip-on shoe rack.
Image via Apartment Therapy
- Ever think about storing your shoes in a drawer? Pancakes and French Fries details how you can maximize the space for shoes in your drawers using tension rods.
Image via Pancakes and French Fries
- Upcycling ladders as a shoe storage solution may not be the sturdiest way to store your shoes, but it's certainly an inspired one.
Image via Cargo Collective
Latest posts by CubeSmart (see all)
- 8 Organization Tips for Your Desk - January 4, 2015
- Inspiration for Cleaning and Organizing the Refrigerator - November 14, 2014
- Pet Costumes to Put in Storage for Future Halloweens - October 30, 2014