Jet Ski Storage
Cruising around on a lake all summer sounds like a great way to spend time. But when you need to pack up your jet ski for the season, it can be tough finding storage for your personal watercraft at home. Your garage already houses your car and other belongings and forget about long-term storage outdoors. That’s why at CubeSmart, we have a variety of jet ski storage options for owners looking for short-or long-term storage. Find jet ski storage near you.
Jet Ski Storage Near You
Jet Ski Storage Benefits
Jet skis are a fun watercraft but for most people they are only enjoyed seasonally or a few times a year. That means you need storage equipped to keep your jet skis ready until you are. CubeSmart understands the need for jet ski storage and jet ski owners can pick from our versatile options. Additionally, CubeSmart customers also enjoy:
- Easy, drive-up access to indoor storage units
- Extra-large indoor and covered jet ski storage units to keep jet skis from outside elements
- Facility features including 24-hour video recordings, electronic-gated access, and well-lit surroundings
- Flexible lease terms such as month-to-month for long-term or temporary jet ski storage
Jet Ski Storage Options
Jet skis require a special kind of storage solution. That’s why we offer PWC storage options to best fit the needs of your watercrafts.
Climate Controlled Jet Ski Storage
Jet ski enthusiasts know how crucial it is to maintain proper storage of their watercrafts for optimal performance. CubeSmart’s indoor jet ski storage is a great option for the long-term storage needs of your watercraft. Ideal for winterizing your jet ski, our indoor storage units can help keep your watercraft from the elements, including rain, sun exposure, and snow.
Covered Jet Ski Storage
If you’re looking for a place to keep your jet skis while you move into a new home or just need a resting place temporarily, consider our covered jet ski storage. Ideal for short-term storage, these outdoor spots offer additional coverage from the elements like rain and sun exposure.
Jet Ski Storage Unit Sizes
10×15 Jet Ski Storage Unit
Our 10×15 jet ski storage units comfortably fit the most common types of personal watercrafts and their trailers, including:
- Sea-Doo Spark: 9.2 feet long
- Yamaha Waverunners Superjet: 7.4 feet long
- Kawasaki STX-15F: 10.2 feet long
Jet Ski Storage FAQs
How Do You Winterize a Jet Ski?
The off-season is the perfect time to perform your winter maintenance and cleaning. There are three main areas to focus on when you winterize your jet ski – the exterior, the engine, and the exhaust.
Clean the jet ski exterior by:
- Wash the hull of your personal watercraft with a mild soap. Scrub it well to remove excess grime. Pay special attention to any salt reside if you’ve taken it in saltwater.
- Give the bilge a scrub to remove residue and grime.
- Give the exterior a good coat of wax to protect it from UV damage and deterioration.
- Empty all storage spaces and leave compart doors and lids ajar to circulate air.
Give the engine a tune-up:
- You should follow the instructions in your owner’s manual to ensure you flush your system thoroughly and properly.
- Generally, you drain the engine of any water by tilting the front up slightly and running the engine in 20-30 second intervals until no water is coming out.
- Once all the water is drained, flush the cooling system to remove any dirt, algae, and grime.
- Carefully remove the air filter and spark plugs and spray the carburetor and spark plug cylinders with a fogging oil. Cover the engine with a towel or cloth and run for 10 seconds to lube the parts.
- Replace the air filter and spark plugs.
Winterize the exhaust system:
- Make a 50/50 mixture of water and RV antifreeze and flush the system with the mixture for two minutes or in short 10-20 second spurts.
- Remove the battery and store it properly, preferably attached to a battery tender.
What Storage Unit Size for a Jet Ski?
Your personal water craft and trailer should be compact enough to fit inside a 10×15 storage unit or a 15′ vehicle storage space. A double trailer may need a 10×20 or 20′ vehicle storage space.
Find Jet Ski Storage Near You
Ensuring that your jet skis are properly stored for the season is crucial which is why at CubeSmart, we make sure we have the jet ski storage solutions for you. Whether you need jet ski storage in Miami, Tampa, San Diego, or Chicago, we have more than 1,200 facilities nationwide with long-term or temporary storage solutions. Find jet ski storage near you or call us at to speak to one of our storage experts.